- Baked 9" pie shell
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups blueberries (I use flash frozen)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
Takes . Serves Eight.
This comes from the Farm Journal's Complete Pie Cookbook (1965).
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and ssalt in saucepan. Add water and 2 cups blueberries; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened and clear. (Mixture will be quite thick.)
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon juice. Cool.
- Place remaining 2 cups raw (can be still frozen) blueberries in pie shell. Top with cooked berry mixture. Chill.